A great group of women in healthcare met at The Sign of the Whale in Stamford, CT on Tuesday, 18 June for our inaugural summer kickoff event. Conversation was lively and it was inspiring to connect with women who are at so many different stages of their career, in such a variety of healthcare-related fields and on so many different journeys. Connections were made and friends were made too.
Some of the interesting topics of conversation included:
- Welcoming a new member who had just moved to the Fairfield County area and introducing her to our chapter
- Tips on juggling new motherhood and work
- Differences between introverts and extroverts; and how we manage our work lives differently and learn from each other
- Rebounding from company separations/layoffs
- How to network effectively using various platforms like LinkedIn
- Brainstorming potential future HBA events that might be of interest
Missed the event? Keep an eye out for our next social and evening programs on our website.
Interested in volunteering? Check out our website for several opportunities to get involved.